Below is an a blog from my friend and roommate Joe. It is interesting the things cats will do… humans too, for that matter. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
“Adventures with Cats”
- When things go bump in the night, in the laundry room, it’s probably best to leave them go bump in the night.
- When investigating things that DO go bump in the night, keep in mind that cats are very sneaky.
- It IS POSSIBLE that you could be closing a door at the same time a cat is jumping off of a counter out the door and for that door to close on the cat’s tail mid-way down the door and leave the cat hanging.
- Cats don’t like to hang upside down from doors by their tails.
- If you have the immediate urge to reach over and open the door…. You should think twice.
- Cat scratches and bites hurt and you should call the doctor before they get infected.
- Cats can reach anywhere within their entire body length of the end of their tail in any direction to include defying gravity.
- Cats are no longer your friend when hanging from a door by their tail.
- Cats have endless energy when they are upset.
- Cats can spit… that was weird.
- Door knobs are incredibly difficult to open from a distance without your hand.
- It is emotionally difficult to intentionally pin your cat by its head against the door jam for its own good so you can open the door.
- It is physically difficult to operate a walking stick and a door knob at the same time while holding a cat down with the walking stick.
- Cats will bite the end of a walking stick, a lot, if you try to suppress them with it.
- Cats are very strong when they are upset.
- Cats are very wiggly.
- Before releasing a cat that is hanging from its tail upside down from a door, consider the clothing that you are wearing and the path the cat may take once released.
- Cats disappear once released from hanging by their tails quicker than anything I’ve ever seen.
- Male cats spray when they are upset and hanging upside down from a door by their tail. You can’t see it, but you can smell it.
- Nature’s Miracle is truly… Nature’s Miracle.
- If you don’t know what Nature’s Miracle is, you probably don’t own cats.
- After about 5 hours, cat bites swell a lot and begin to hurt at a distracting level.
Just an FYI, the kitty has begun getting closer to the house… that is, as long as Joe isn’t around; and his tail is nearly fine. Joe was prescribed antibiotics; and, with some neosporin and vitamin E oil, the helatious bite on his hand should be nothing more than merely a flesh wound. 😉