Okay, so I didn’t link this to the official site, since I’m posting it so late in the day, but it’s a good list to be thinking about, methinks.
This isn’t so much a resolution list as a look forward to the probabilities. Call it Bonstradamus.
- Pass the #$@*!! language proficiency exam. (It was a painful experience, made more so by the fact that I knew I’d blown it about halfway through. And I have to do it again. Alas.)
- Read about 100 articles and maybe 30 books on language, propositions, and other dissertation relevant stuff. (Yeah, it’s prospectus time.)
- Lose at least 20 pounds. (Yeah, I want to lose more. But I’m predicting, not resolving.)
- Read about 5 new releases in children’s books. (What doctoral types do when they need to relax their brains.)
- Move into ABD status. (That is, get my prospectus accepted by my dissertation committee. This’ll be the most stressful thing I’ve ever done to date.)
- Go to NYC around Christmastime. (No, it isn’t all that glamorous. I plan on going on the market next year, and one important part of that is interviewing at the Eastern APA, which usually meets in NYC around Christmastime.)
- Go to Washington DC. (Olga lives there, and if all is well, I’ll go hang with her for a week, like we’ve planned.)
- Go to Anna’s graduation. (Anna graduates with her MD this summer. It’s been on my calendar for a couple years now. If I don’t go, she’ll murder me. How very Hippocratean of her, no?)
- Publish one article. (Okay, so maybe this is a pipe dream. But we’ll see soon enough.)
- Pay off my car. (Okay, so this is a cheat. It’ll be paid off in January. But hey, that’s a prediction, ain’t it?)
- Get my book about half done. (Yeah, that. I’ll talk about it later. Hey, I’ve got maybe a half of chapter done already!)
- Bike around town and discover where the trails go. (Yeah, you’d have thunk I’d done this already, no? So really, this is a prediction that isn’t so obvious. But I’ll be doing it. Really.)
- Spend a weekend in Indy. (Okay, so this is more of a hope, maybe even a resolution?)